"A day of reckoning” is commonly defined as: “The time when past mistakes or misdeeds must be punished or paid for; a time when the degree of one’s success or failure will be revealed.”
In accordance with provisions of each of the individual states, candidates for U.S. President and Vice President were selected through caucuses and primary elections carried out during the time frame of February 01, 2016 (Iowa’s caucuses) through June 28, 2016 (Utah’s primaries).
Then on Tuesday, November 08, 2016, the date scheduled for the 58th quadrennial U.S. presidential election, U.S. voters selected presidential-electors who in turn, through our U.S. Constitution-established electoral-college, elected a new U.S. President (Donald J. Trump) and Vice President (Michael Richard "Mike" Pence). The Twenty-second Amendment to our Constitution wisely prevents an incumbent president from seeking a third term.
Be not unaware, unconcerned, or misled! Tuesday, November 08, 2016, and the days prior thereto that state caucuses and primaries determined the president and vice president candidates—were truly “all days of reckoning” for our great nation and all Americans! Days when, as a result of voting or not voting; of being informed or uninformed voters; and through responsible sacrifice or self-serving denial, complacency, apathy, greed, and counter-productive fears—we nonetheless put in office a new U.S. President and Vice President.
Now we must demonstrate the wisdom and courage to—under new presidential leadership—“responsibly” deal with issues that threaten our liberty and survival, as individuals and as a nation.
Very real and present dangers, such as:
* Our as of 2017 $20 trillion and rapidly-growing National Debt;
* Our as of 2017 and rapidly-growing $107 trillion debt of Unfunded Liabilities;
* Our unsecured and uncontrolled U.S. borders;
* Irresponsible and Unenforced Immigration Policies;
* Failure to purge the U.S. of illegal aliens & sanctuary cities;
* Failure to protect and preserve our English language;
* Various immigrants’ refusal to assimilate into U.S. culture;
* The foreign and domestic threat of radical/militant Islam;
* The growing threat of a nuclear-armed Iran, North Korea, etc;
* Politically-biased news media;
* “Gun-free Zones” that ultimately render the citizens within such, to be helpless-targets of armed evil-doers;
* "Political Correctness"; "Racism"; "Gender-based"; and other "Divide & Conquer" agendas that pit one against another;
* Political agendas promoting unsustainable “deserve” and “entitled” mindsets and behaviors;
* An ever-growing and ever-intrusive federal government.
= = =
Our nation is at a crucial tipping-point. We have reached the point where about one-half of the current U.S. population was born here; the other half, new immigrants. Where approaching one-half of our population is one way or another “on the take” from the public treasury. Where, over recent years the U.S. has been flooded with legal immigrants and illegal aliens that have no interest in assimilating into our U.S. culture—but, rather, to establish their own separate cultures. And to be takers rather than contributors, abusing our nation’s generosity. While countless other immigrants of the past and present have done the right thing, and countless others remain standing in line with intent to gain legal entrance to, and become a contributing member of, our U.S. culture. Where, our government has become overwhelmed with “career politicians” absorbed with self-serving retention of power, influence, and benefits from the public treasury—rather than pursuing the best interests of our nation. Where, too many of “we the people” have for much too long, shirked our citizen-responsibility through our ultimately self-destructive behaviors of voter ignorance, denial, apathy, complacency, greed, and counter-productive fears.
Where, as a result of our November 08, 2016 elections, “we the people” now have opportunity to put our great nation back on a path of recovery and prosperity. By way of what each of us do—what we must responsibly do—as hereafter active, informed, and engaged voters!
The task of "protecting and preserving our liberty and freedom" and "Making Our Country Great Again" is in our hands. We must accept and embrace this inescapable reality and hold ourselves and our government representatives and leaders accountable! This, our undeniable duty and obligation to ourselves; to our children and grandchildren; and to others ultimately dependent upon us!
—William James Moore