Like growing numbers of others nationwide—my wife and I are deeply concerned that our generation is not passing on to our descendants and future generations of Americans the same (or preferably better) great country of liberty and opportunity that was left to us.
And, it is therefore our sincere wish and aim that this site--and our book likewise titled "Threats To Our Liberty & Survival"—in some way help right this indisputable wrong. By making a meaningful contribution to the many positive efforts of untold others, striving in their own way to be much more responsible citizen-custodians of our country’s affairs and of our precious liberty. Efforts unrelentingly pursued as individuals and organizations--driven by a special "mutual respect for one another" and clearly focused on:
· A much needed refreshed awareness of, justified pride in, and sincere appreciation for, the many unique blessings of liberty, freedom and opportunity, that only our “envy-of-the-world” U.S. Constitutional Republic provides for;
· The more-pressing critical threats to, not only our liberty and freedom, but ultimately to our personal and nation’s survival as well;
· Our inescapable citizen-obligation to present and future generations of Americans, to protect, defend, and preserve the foundations of this great nation—our U.S. Constitution, borders, common-language English, and culture.
A truly monumental task and inescapable responsibility that must be shared by all those among us who are able. While drawing encouragement from the lessons of history and wisdom shared in especially notable quotations such as: “Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”—Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969); “Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.”—John F. Kennedy; “Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives.”—James Madison (1751 – 1836); “To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last—but eat you he will.”—Ronald Reagan (1911-2004); and, “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”—Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968).
In this "always connected" age of high-tech global communications, ever-expanding Internet access, and social media proliferation—the fact that we live in a terribly dangerous world certainly should not be “news” to many of us! Growing social unrest, loss of confidence in government, riots, wars, terrorism, tyranny, mass-murder, religious/ethnic persecution, economic chaos, disease, famine, earthquakes, volcanism, nuclear reactor accidents, and weather disasters—are but a few of the very real and present dangers we face. Common sense would suggest that even a most basic awareness of such threats should be cause for our wide-spread alarm and concern! Followed by very vocal and highly visible demands for actions to at least deal with those threats we believe to be the most immediate and serious. Especially those putting at risk our basic liberty and ultimate survival. But, common sense does not always rule, and in the absence of a sufficient number of correctly informed and responsibly involved citizens and a responsible federal government, our once much greater country continues down a most dangerous path!
Our United States borders, English language, and culture are being methodically destroyed before our very eyes, and our Constitution and liberty/freedom are undergoing serious assault! And, these very real facts of life are too often being overlooked or left unchecked as a result of our voter-ignorance, apathy, complacency, denial, greed, and fears! Adding to these potentially self-destructive human characteristics is a constant flow of “agenda-driven” news headlines and propaganda. Information that “redirects” our attention to emotional and fear-promoting subjects, such as: inequality, unfairness, discrimination, racism, political correctness, class-warfare, gun-control, climate change, and other “distractions.” Subjects that divide us, pit one against another, and otherwise take our focus and energies away from other much more pressing matters, such as:
· Failure to acknowledge and responsibly deal with the growing threat of radical/militant Islam.
· An ever-growing, over-reaching, continually intrusive, federal government.
· Failure to secure our country’s borders.
· Failure to protect our U.S. Language— English.
· Failure to protect and promote our U.S. culture.
· Irresponsible tax and spend policies.
· A rapidly growing and out of control national debt.
· Programs turning the United States into a country of “dependents.”
· Propaganda from radical political-left, radical political-right, special interest groups profit-driven and politically-biased news media.
· Politicians/bureaucracies that put "keeping their jobs," "staying in power," and "promoting their personal ideologies" — all above the best interests of our once much greater nation.
· Countless other liberty-destroying policies, agendas, and practices.
Of unquestionable importance are the many good, positive, and constructive aspects of our world—such must never go unnoticed or unappreciated. Nonetheless, it is absolutely crucial that we not be misguided or neglectful about the threats to our liberty and survival—such are very real and growing in number! And, no "single" website, blog, book, or other lone effort or well-meaning cause, could ever begin to address them all. While no threat to our liberty and survival should be ignored, it is only “common sense” and “real world” that our efforts be prioritized. And, while the reality that "what should get how much attention and when” will be the subject of ongoing debate, such debate and our mixed views must never be accepted as justification for doing nothing.
Regardless of one’s background and political persuasion—it is sincerely hoped that something within this site, and recommended readings such as "Threats To Our Liberty& Survival," truly help to further encourage, support, demand, and bring about, more responsible government—by and for “we the people.” A government duly focused on protecting and preserving the liberty and survival of present and future generations of Americans. If not—then the reader is encouraged to aggressively search for such enlightenment elsewhere.
For in the end, “what” prompts each of us to be more responsible custodians of our country’s affairs is not the primary concern. Of unquestionable critical importance—is our doing so! Each of the able among us must do what we can—what must be done. At stake—nothing less than our liberty and ultimate survival—and what "United States of America" we pass on to our children, grandchildren, and other future generations of Americans! —LibertyGuardianUSA
= = =
“Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered
And lo, no one was there.” --Anonymous